A random generator orb in "I RELATE" Gallery
Obtaining Your Symbols
There's much flexibility on how to get your symbols for most of the "games of meaning." Below are some options. Or, you may have a way of your own that you prefer.
Explore the land – Having Star Journey on a landscape in Second Life allows you to walk around and come upon things, like a real journey. And don't forget what's in the sky! Find what you need (1 to 4 symbols) simply by exploring.
Use the random generator – Each of the 12 Gateway Art Galleries has a Circle Pattern orb that is a random generator for obtaining symbols. More on this method below. We recommend going to a Gallery whose theme fits with your question or topic, but you can use any you want.
Pick spots on the chart – Point to a spot on the Circle Pattern chart. Take note of its number, and find it on the list in the Gardens. Do this for as many symbols as needed for a game.
Choose symbols from a list – As an option, you can consciously choose the symbols you want, then learn more about them from the interpretation process. Use the Garden Symbol Locator to find the symbols you resonate with.
Using the Circle Pattern Orb
When clicked, the orb will offer you an object which is a randomly generated symbol card. Click Accept to save object to Inventory. Then find it in the Objects folder. You can Wear or Add this object in order to see its information. It will appear in the center of your screen.
The symbol objects have 3 faces – the Picture side, Word Side and Level side. Click on image to change faces. The level side indicates which Level of Consciousness the symbol is part of. More about the meaning of Levels is given in Interpreting Symbols.
And, be sure to visit the Symbol out on the island, and there get more in touch with its special message for you. Most symbols are found in one of the Gardens, so refer to the Garden Locator list below. TP to the Garden hub, then explore until you come upon your symbol on the land.
View from above of Star Journey's 12 Gardens
Garden Symbol Locator
Use this listing to find which Garden a symbol is part of. Each Garden has a teleport hub, and you can teleport there (for example, to 1. Sand), then find your specific symbol in the nearby area. The list is also an easy way to just browse symbol names and pick those you resonate with.
13. Magician 25. Wanderer 37. Root 49. Cup 61. Tower 73. Mountain
14. Lover 26. Tree 38. Eye 50. Rose 62. Glove 74. Cake
15. Child 27. Chest 39. Tunnel 51. Powder 63. Ice 75. Cross
16. Egg 28. Glass 40. Harp 52. Serpent 64. Hole 76. Sea
17. Moon 29. Duck 41. Circle 53. Chain 65. Stone 77. Star
18. Jester 30. Leaf 42. Chair 54. Robe 66. Sword 78. Star
19. Maiden 31. Bell 43. Letter 55. Gate 67. Token 79. Cave
20. Butterfly 32. Knife 44. Wheel 56. Wind 68. Handle 80. Pearl
21. Knight 33. Ladder 45. Wing 57. Mask 69. Rod 81. Coffin
22. Swan 34. Window 46. Tongue 58. Block 70. Cherry 82. Field
23. Sun 35. Fountain 47. Morning 59. Wand 71. Arrow 73. Crown
24. Monk 36. Candle 48. Rope 60. Ring 72. Siphon 84. Key
In addition, below is the Circle Pattern showing where symbols are located by number. You can also reference a number on this chart back to its Garden in SL.